Sonar V-Studio 100 with Sonar VS, upgrading to Sonar X1?

Valentino_nl@

Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum and I noticed this forum especially for Roland VS series users which is very nice. :)

I work with the Sonar V-Studio 100 and Sonar VS software on Win7 64 bits (ive read somewhere the Sonar VS version is based the Sonar 8 audio engine) and I like it! Good pre-amps. I wonder of this software will get upgrades? Does anyone have experience in upgrading from the VS software Production Pack included with V-Studio 100 to the new Sonar X1 Studio or Producer software? Im curious about your experience with this upgrading then.

Thanks in advance for your reply and greetings,

Valentino_nl@

Hello and welcome! :)

My understanding is that the folks at Cakewalk will give the same upgrade options on VS as they do with sonar le and guitar tracks... Which is $50 off if memory serves.

I have also read that some people had issues trying to keep their old version of VS on the same 64 bit machine they installed X1 on... They had to uninstall VS to run X1...

I'm sure the support gurus at Cakewalk could shed a bit more light on the matter... :)

Hello BentRabbit,

Thanks for your reply and for the welcome. Interresting what you wrote about the issue with VS and X1 installed on one machine. I indeed found some issues about this on the net when i searched.
Glad i'm already informed about it now.

greetings and thanks again for the info,

Valentino_nl@

Back