Roland vs1680

Midi machine control (mmc) It's fairly easy, but since I haven't had to do it in 10 years, I can't step you through it from memory.

The manual will guide you for both the 1680 and the daw.

Midi machine control (mmc) It's fairly easy, but since I haven't had to do it in 10 years, I can't step you through it from memory.

The manual will guide you for both the 1680 and the daw.

Thank you for your interest and response to my posting.

I can't seem to make it work with Mac OS X ( Maverick 10.9.5 ) and Digital Performer 8 or Logic Pro 10.0.7.

Looks like i will have to fire up my QuickSilver PowerMac and revert back to using the original special Roland/Logic Pro version for recording from/to the Roland VS1680.

Wish i had the bucks to buy Roland's VS2480 since as best as i understand it more in tune with the new Mac operating systems.

It shouldn't have anything to do with your operating system. You need midi in and out and a couple midi cables. Any sequencer can talk to it. Hell, I had a 1680 slaved to a rack of DA-88 tape decks at one time.

It's just midi timecode. You decide whether the computer is the slave to the 1680, or the 1680 is the slave to the computer and set it that way.

The 2480 was discontinued a long time ago too.

Back