Roland TD-4 and MIDI..

presto5

How does the TD-4 handle MIDI...having latancy problems and I`m not sure of the source of the problem..TD-4, Presonus Audiobox, Windows 7 or Drumcore..

Latency between what two points? You also haven't provided any information on how things are connected. What is generating the MIDI?

I have the Td4`s drumset brain hooked up to the Audiobox and Drumcore is the software im using to replace the notes..I can hear the latency before anything is recorded...I strike a pad or cymbal pad and the signal sound comes through my monitor like a 32nd of a second later..the Presonus Audiobox is connected USB 2.0 the Daw I`m using is Reaper. The recorded sound is awesome but with that much time between strike and sound I can`t make a solid composition..

Okay, I took the TD-4 to just be the sound module, but it's the whole electronic kit. Electronic drums aren't my specialty.

Can you monitor the audio from the TD-4 while recording the MIDI, then convert the MIDI to audio with Drumcore after the fact? If not, or if you need the Drumcore sounds to get the performance you want, maybe someone with more MIDI/computer skills will come along to help reduce the latency.

Yeah I can monitor the in real time but not the TD-4`s sounds..if Im recording MIDI and drumcores not opened no sound is there unless I have headphones on from the drumset. I was gunna try it that way but I realised I would still get latency..thanks for your help either way man its hard to get anyone to respond to a MIDI question..

The answer to your problem is the audiobox's latency setting. Lower the buffer setting to 256 samples or lower (128 is even better better).

I'm assuming this is for monitoring drumcore in reaper.

Back