Roland Microcomposer MC-50 MkII

Tres

Hello fellow musicians,

I have recently acquired a Roland Microcomposer MC-50 MkII. I'm mainly a guitar player, but attempt to play keyboards :P I want to use this hardware based sequencer for sequencing backing tracks for practice and some live situations. I know this device will do what I want it to do, I just can't figure out how to do it.

I've tried reading every document about this. How can I multi-track on this device and have a different keyboard voice going on each track simultaneously? In other words, a piano voice for track 1, then an organ voice on track 2, strings on track 3, etc. I can record multiple tracks without any problems. I've used Microscope and insert CC and PG events, and the voice will change once but all the tracks will be the same voice. Basically, the last voice setting configured will be the voice for all tracks if I play back the recording.

Please help. - Using a Yamaha DGX-300 keyboard with midi in and out connections to the Roland.

I learned that you have to program the Roland to broadcast the programmed midi messages out on specific midi channels or it will broadcast every message on every midi channel by default. Separate the tracks and midi channels, program CC and PG messages on each channel, and configure the midi out to keep the midi track messages separated. That fixed my issue.

Back