Roland HP-1500 Digital Piano question

Chadivision

Hi,

I've got a question about my Roland HP-1500.

I recently took it off of its stand and put it on top of a desk that I bought for all of my music gear. The only problem is that the dual footpedal switch is built into the stand. I can take it off of the stand, but it doesn't have its own housing, so it will flop all over the place. I guess I could try to mount it to the desk or a block of wood or something, but it seems like that would be kind of a pain. (I don't want it slipping around, tipping over, etc.)

I found a dual sustain pedal online, but it's not specific for Roland. It has a tip/ring/sleeve 1/4" plug and is normally closed (which should be correct, from what I can tell from reading message board posts). But there are two problems with it: first, it's backordered, and second I don't know if the wiring is correct, so even if I got it, the pedals might be reversed, and I would end up cracking it open and flipping some wires around...

So I started thinking (which is not always a good thing), why not just get a little project box and mount some 1/4" jacks on it? I could have two inputs for single sustain pedals, and one tip/ring/sleeve 1/4" output to go from my box to the Roland.

The only problem is that I don't know which wire should be which on the tip/ring/sleeve. It would be simple enough to test on my existing pedal, but my multimeter is buried in the garage somewhere, and I can't find it.

All of that to say: does anyone happen to know which wires do what on the HP-1500's pedal jack?

Thanks.

Back