My Boss BR 1180 Hard Disk is now VERY slow? WHY???

ASailor

I have a Boss BR 1180 HD. I have had it for maybe 3-4 years. I haven't used it for about 2 years and it has been sitting in my room, unplugged.

I want to use it this Christmas and I plugg it in to refresh my memory for using it and when I go to listed to my songs, its very slow. Loading different songs takes a pretty good while, definately longer than it used too.

Also, when a song finally loads it is skipping for some reason? I have no idea why? I tried numerous songs and they all skipped.

The machine hasn't gotten wet or anything like that. I have no idea what it could be.......................

Any ideas??????????????????

I have a Boss BR 1180 HD. I have had it for maybe 3-4 years. I haven't used it for about 2 years and it has been sitting in my room, unplugged.

I want to use it this Christmas and I plugg it in to refresh my memory for using it and when I go to listed to my songs, its very slow. Loading different songs takes a pretty good while, definately longer than it used too.

Also, when a song finally loads it is skipping for some reason? I have no idea why? I tried numerous songs and they all skipped.

The machine hasn't gotten wet or anything like that. I have no idea what it could be.......................

Any ideas??????????????????

Leave it on. It may have some sort of internal disk defrag/optimization tool. It may also have an internal battery for regulating time stamp that is dead (that one is from my ass). The best thing to do would be to back up your stuff (is that possible with this box?) and to deep format the drives and reimport it (again possible?)

Look up the info on the website for any optimization tools.

BR1180 HD Very Slow

Try using "Optimize" on each song.Press "Utilities" / "Song"/"Optimize".Than save immediately.If you don't save you could lose data.Optimize gets rid of all the possible "Undo"s and tasks that you've done on each song.You now can start again and use "undo" but not all of the old ones.If you do it to each song , you should get more free drive space and hopefully the BR will run better.Before you do it , check "Utilities"/Song?Information,which will tell you the size of the song.It should be smaller after optimizing.Do it with every song and save each song after Optimizing.

Back