HELP -Boss BR1600 power loss- data gone?

Hunter_Thompson

Hi Everyone,

I did a live recording at a decent sized venue last week, the band asked me to rock up with a few mikes and they would provide a Boss BR1600 16 track "all in one" multitracker for me to record 8 simultaneous tracks to. I found a great sounding place for a stereo pair of U87's, and took as many essential lines from the direct outs of the Mackie FOH desk as they would patch for me.

The band played about an hour set, and I got it all with good levels. During the packdown I had a breif mix with headphones of a couple of tracks and was stoked with what I was hearing, and the band was feeling good about how they played and had filmed the vision with 3 cameras so we were excited.

I helped the band lug gear off stage and came back to my area where the Boss was sitting and I almost fainted - the PA guy had unplugged the BR1600 power. There had been no save.

We got back to the rehearsal room and tried to turn it on and have a listen - no data.

We just turned it off to leave it to me to investigate a salvage - but my Google and web browsing searches are coming up fruitless. I am thinking surely there is someone else on the planet who has been here before.... please someone tell me there is a chance to get this recording back???

The fact that I could play back the audio without a save tells me it still lives in there, will it be a case of taking out the harddrive and plugging it into a PC and using data recovery software? Or is there a way to patch the USB connection to get more control?

Thanks in advance for any advice, damn I hate this feeling!
Hunter Thompson

I have the BR1600 and as far as I know if you didn't "SAVE".....you don't have any data on the hard drive!
I don't know anything about putting the hard drive into a pc and using data recovery software???

Sadly I think you lost all your data! :(

I'm sorry to hear of your situation.
Gorty is right. Without a save the data is gone:(. Anytime that the power is cut you lose whatever was not saved ~ at least that's what the manual says and I've experienced it too.
On the off-chance that your data recover idea is possible, go to www.takeforum.com/br1600cd/ and post a question. You might find someone there that can help.
Good luck

Thanks for the replies, as unfortunate as the news is. What a stupid machine to not save automatically. STOP after recording should engage the save.

I'll try your link, cheers for that.

I'm off to tell the band the delightful news.

Back