The excitement generated in this forum is absolutely mindbogling!

Well, I actually own a piece of Boss equipment, and I'm more than willing to mention it to justify my existence here. I can even talk about it if need be. Did I tell you I have a Boss? Yeah, it's black. And perhaps I shouldn't drink at lunchtime.

There was this guy that was deathly afraid of flying but always wanted to go to Hawaii. One day he was up in his attic cleaning up a little and noticed a little brass bottle. He picked it up and rubbed it...out popped a genie.

"Oh, thank you sahib for releasing me from my imprisonment. Is there anything that I can do for you? Just tell me your wish and I will do my best to grant it".

"Yeah", the guy replied, "There is something...I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but am really scared of flying. Could you build me a road from L.A. to Honolulu so that I can just drive there".

"Do you have any idea how much concrete, rock, and asphalt that would take?", said the genie. "Is there anything else that would satisfy you?"

"Well, maybe you could help me understand women", replied the guy.

"Will that be 2-lane or 4-lane?", asked the genie.

Boss/Roland gear!!??

I a DR 202 drum machine, a SP202 Sampler, JV 1010 & Xp30 Modules, a Roland video tape hyping their products and last but not least, a crack-head friend named Roland who lost his front teeth to drugs!!

*/=\-/=\-/~\*[Fanfare]*/~\-/=\-/=\*

WOW, now there's an exciting post!
QQ's got it all goin' on with Roland!

=============================

Okay, I must admit that I have a Roland TR-606, one of the oldest and cheesiest sounding drum machines ever built, that dates back to just before actual PCM sounds came out. Sounds pretty cheesey, but keeps a steady beat.

Also, just off the top of my head, I have two Boss multi-effects pedals, the,... [where is that damn thing],... the Boss BE-5 and Boss BE-5B for bass. They are good pedals, with 5 effects on each pedal. They're getting older now, but I hardly ever use pedals or effects at all any more, lately anyway.

Oh geez, let me not forget something obvious and important, [almost overlooked],...

My guitar amp setup is all Roland, being the Roland Spirit 10A guitar amp as a 'first stage', which is lined-out to the pre-in of a Roland Bass Cube 40, bass amp as 'second stage'.

The secret is out,... that I get that 'live' Davemania guitar sound with two Roland amps and sometimes a Boss pedal, whenever I use amps on stage or in the studio.

FYI, Lots of my solo recording work is done without amps. My amps are used more for live- or live-in-studio work,... or when I just gotta have that 'loud amp in a room' sound, which is occasionally.

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to get carried away with myself.

Happy Holidays to H'Rec'ers;)

Yep, it's pretty exciting stuff, alright.

I like lots of Boss and Roland products I see, and I think they've always had great innovative products, good sound, and real value. Now that is exciting! I can only afford just so much gear, though, and,... you know,... I've been keeping the gear purchases to a minimum lately.

Anyway, monty, you record on the Roland VS series, eh? That's exciting, isn't it?

You know, of all the various gear I have, I have no Roland recorders. I'm not so great a fan of digi's, as you know, and I find I'm still basically a Tascam analog fan. I guess I'm just stuck in the past, on these old dinosaur machines, right? Yes/no/its-relative, haha.;)

Yeah, you got it right, Roland does have some pretty exciting products, alright,... not too many of them I can afford presently, haha.;)

Jeez, that's cool dude, and pretty darn exciting too!

So, let me see, BR-1180CD, let's break it down:

>BR= Boss/Roland

>BR-"11"80CD,... the 11 denotes 11 tracks, if you count the 8 basic tracks, 2 mixdown tracks, and 1 integrated drum machine "track". Actually, the drum track's not really a track, but memory based. Anyway, 8+2+1=11, right?

>BR-11"8"0CD,... the 8 denotes a basic 8-track format, at the heart of it.

>BR-118"0"CD,... the 0,... sometimes manufacturers add a "0" to their product numbers to denote a huge revision change, or generational difference from their previous models, in this case the previous model being the BR-"8".

>BR1180"CD",... speaks for itself, has integrated CD.

>Jeez, I must have an empty life, and too much time on my hands if I have time to analyze Roland's model numbers like this!

>Anyway, I'm in the computer field, for 20 years now, and I've seen the progression of how we numbered our technology based products, and I'm just making a correlation. IMO I'm probably not too far off in my analysis of the model number BR-1180, though.

Back