Electric Guitar Sounds?

misterx

Which Roland system/module will yield the best guitar sounds? I'm doing some rock music and would love to have some more sounds at my disposal. I'm keeping everything virtual so no comments about hiring a guitar player. :) Thanks...

I use the BR-8 and I plug my electric guitar directly into the BR-8. Using the units effects instead of micing a amp..... You can listen to the different sounds I get using this method... I have alot of new stuff uploaded and try to use different effects and sounds on my guitar for each tune.

I hope this helps.

www.mp3.com?steven_diemert

SK-88Pro

I use the Roland SK-88Pro keyboard/module combo (same sounds as the SC-88Pro). Fantastic guitars, plus ability to use insertion effects (fuzz, overdrive, etc) that make them all the more realistic. But you have to play them thinking like a guitarist -- don't just play a keyboard part, call up a guitar patch, and hope to sound real. The best demos of the Roland guitar sounds were created using a guitar synth controller, and each string has it's own independant MIDI channel (allows you to fake double-stops, pull-offs/hammer-ons, bending one note while playing another that isn't bent). The SK/SC-88Pro also has excellent acoustic steel and nylon sounds. Plus pick-slides, fret noises, harmonics, yada, yada...

Back