Thread: Br900cd Usb

ajb6708 is offline Newbie

Br900cd Usb

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi all. I am new to this site and I had to register because I have seen that this is a great place to get started and an excellent place to get help. My question is about the USB on the BR900CD system. Someone told me that the reason that my computer does not see the BR900 is because I need to download some drivers from BOSS first. Is this true? I went to the BOSS site and found none. I pretty sure I am connecting it properly....is there a special USB cable I need to use? I thought they are all the same...(hence, universal serial bus). I've tried more than one cable just in case one was bad. My PC just won't acknowledge it. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

72fender is offline Dedicated Member
    From what I understand, you should see the BR-900 as a external hard-drive under My Computer, you don't need any special drivers.

There is a new system update for the BR-900 http://www.rolandus.com/support/down...?ObjectId=1818, if you don't already have it installed.

Gorty is offline Been Here, Posted That
    Quote Originally Posted by ajb6708
    Hi all. I am new to this site and I had to register because I have seen that this is a great place to get started and an excellent place to get help. My question is about the USB on the BR900CD system. Someone told me that the reason that my computer does not see the BR900 is because I need to download some drivers from BOSS first. Is this true? I went to the BOSS site and found none. I pretty sure I am connecting it properly....is there a special USB cable I need to use? I thought they are all the same...(hence, universal serial bus). I've tried more than one cable just in case one was bad. My PC just won't acknowledge it. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

I have the BR1600 and you have to press the "Utility" button and use the cursor button to scroll along to the "USB" icon and then press "Enter", then select either "Import", or "Export" etc.

Once you have done this it will take about 20 seconds and you should see a BR900 listing under "My Computer".

You should be able to click on the Boss BR title and carry out what you need to do!

Once again this is how it works for the Boss BR1600.

Gorty

I have the same problem with all my Boss recorders (BR600, 864 and 1600) but only with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 630m). They all work fine with other computers that I have (mostly desktops or older laptops I've tested with).

Personally I think there are some underlying technical issues with the Boss USB functionality. I just can't put a finger on what is causing the problem, I just know that certain computers have the problem.

Gene
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Convert Boss BR-1600/BR-1200 Projects faster with WAV-MAKER-1600!

Enter the 2006 Top Sounding Original Music Contest!
    Visit http://www.topsoundproductions.com
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ajb6708 is offline Newbie
    Well I still have'nt had any luck yet. Been trying but to no avail. Unfortunately I only have one computer to work with. I think I'm going to clean house and reformat and reinstall windows and see what happens.

Thread Information