BR-532 vs. BR-8

John,

I have played with both machines. I chose the BR-8 because it has more tracks. 8 tracks are better than 4. Both machines basically operate the same way. The biggest difference is the amount of tracks you want.

What will you be recording? The answer to this question is the answer to what machine you should get.

You can hear the quality I am getting on my BR-8 at: www.mp3.com/steven_diemert

Good Luck

Steven

You also need to consider the memory.
The 32 meg card (I think thats what it is) that comes with the 532 unit will burn away after your first verse.
The 100 mb zip disc will last longer, and is easier to get the tracks into the computer with an $80.00 investment in an external drive.
The BR532 goes for $395.00 new. You can get a used BR8 off ebay for less than that now. I bought mine off ebay and have had it for a while. Its a great machine!
imalion is correct in first assessing what it is you want to do.

Good Luck!
Joel

jcmm said:
You also need to consider the memory.
The 32 meg card (I think thats what it is) that comes with the 532 unit will burn away after your first verse.
The 100 mb zip disc will last longer, and is easier to get the tracks into the computer with an $80.00 investment in an external drive.
Joel

$24.00 for an internal zip off of ebay including shipping and handling

Mostly I'll be doing guitar and vocal stuff. However, I'm also going to be doing some environemtnal recording and liked the 532's portability.

John

John,

I understand about the portability. Both units are portable. I took my BR8 on vacation to Las Vegas with me this last summer.

Steven

Back