boss1600cd sound quality

Threshold fan

Hello. New to the forum. Have a question. I have a boss1600cd recorder that I'm running a boss gt10b to the digital assign mode. I've been rehearsing with a drum tra
ck on the recorder and have notice that the sound quality is clear and crisp initially, but after an hour or so, I'm losing the crispness of the bass sound and it gradually
becomes more mid rangey and bassey. The drum track doesnt seem to be affected. Bass has new battery/strings. Has anyone else had this problem with this and if so,
is it the recorder or some other issue? Appreciate any insight.

Do you mean that your instrument sound INTO the recorder is changing, or that what you recorded, on playback, is changing?
Not sure what 'digital assign mode' is, but have you tried recording your instrument by directly plugging into the BR1600, rather than using the GT10?

Thanks for the reply. I have been only rehearsing at this time. I have'nt recorded anything as of yet. The digital assign mode on the recorder allows you to run a coaxial line from the digital out of the bass processor into the digital in of the recorder to avoid any sound degradation. I've been using this setup with no problem until recently. I use the patch from the bass processor because it gives me the tone I like. Something I failed to mention was that I bought the recorder used only to find that the headphone inputs on the recorder had been removed. I have been running the line outs on the recorder into a alesis 4 channel mixer and running the headphones from the headphone out on the mixer. I don't know if that could be the problem. Any suggestions?

Back