Boss BR532 questions

Dad Roadie

Hi to All,

I recently bought a used Boss BR532 recorder that I’m hoping to use to record my students with.

I think I may have gotten burned (claimed it worked great of course) and have no way to return it so I thought I would run this by some of you who may own the unit to see if it’s “New User” error or something is wrong with the unit.

When I turn the unit on the recorder defaults to the guitar/ bass input as it should and the lite comes on. The effects show the correct guitar effect and it be changed by turning the jog dial.

If I switch to the Mic or Line inputs the Guitar/ Bass light goes out and the lite above the input selected lights and the effects work as above.

This is where the problem comes in:

I cannot get the recorder to return back to be able to use the Guitar/Bass input or use the SIMUL function once I switch to another input.

If I try to use the SIMUL (guitar and mic) the mic indicator select light will light but the guitar /bass select light will not. The display does not show the effects for SIMUL just the ones as if only the mic input was selected. In the manual it says that both of these select lights should come on.

I can’t tell if the SIMUL is working. I would assume it’s not since I believe the effects would switch to the SIMUL effects as it does when you select the Mic or Line inputs.

The only way I can get the Guitar/Bass input to work as it should is to turn the unit completely off and turn it on again. I haven’t been able to get both lights for the SIMUL to ever work .

I have a feeling it may have something to do with the GUITAR/Bass Switch.

Has anyone ever taken one of these apart? Or does anyone have a parts breakdown sheet to show how they might be willing to share? I really don’t have a lot to lose at this point to see if I could repair it.

I’m hoping I’m just doing something wrong.

If anyone has any ideals I would really appreciate it.

All the Best!

DadRoadie

Back