Back it up or Shut up!

imalion

Installing Zip drives on your computer?

WHY?

Here is an idea. Why not learn how to use the BR8? Why not after learning, use it to its full potential? Why not just buy a 2 track recorder if thats all you know how to use?

Get Real, and STOP giving people advice about things you dont know diddly about.

I can back up everything I say. My recordings have all been done on my BR8 and you can listen to them here:

www.mp3.com/steven_diemert

I would love to hear the quality you guys are getting when you "Bounce" down to 2 tracks and run that Zip into your computer. Why not post a example of your Quality?
If your recording quality is better than mine, I will shut the hell up. If you cant back your advice up than I would suggest taking notes.

Steven

Last edited:
Hi Steven,

Man your smokin' !!!

Not sure who you are directing the flame at but I must confess that I record with the BR8 and drop the tracks into Acid.
The only reason I do it is space. I am not sure why anyone would "bounce" down to 2 tracks before converting to wave. I just fill up the 8 tracks, drop them in acid, and run a stereo track back onto the zip for reference. That gives me 6 more tracks with the originals already on the computer. I use alot of the cosm amps, as well as a vamp. I LOVE the Boss unit and my finished product is clean as a whistle. You can PM me if you would like to hear the latest thing I am working on.
The best stuff I am getting is the stuff that I record well. Then it really doesn't need much more than setting levels, or EQ in Acid to sound Great!
The BR8 makes it possible for me and i can do it anywhere I want!

BTW - I enjoy your stuff and I will be posting more of mine soon!

Rock On!!

Joel
:D

Joel,

You and I do it the same way. I fill up all 8 tracks. get the mix I like. Then run it into Cakewalk.

This post was directed to a few people on the "Surround with BR-8" thread. I was gonna let it go. But then I thought I needed to set the record straight about how awesome this machine really is. And what a waste it would be to only use 2 tracks on such a powerful 8 track recorder.

Lemme know when you have something for me to listen to.

I wanna hear what other peeps are doing with the BR-8.

Steven

Well, I did the bounce thing, because that's the only way I knew how to do it. I started the surround with BR-8 thing, and don't get pissed at me for not doing it your way. If you want to teach me how you get your files to computer, please explain it to me. Keep in mind, I don't have Cakewalk or Acid or anything. You've already heard the sounds I've gotten with the BR-8, and it's not that great, but I think it's because of how I recorded it.

imalion said:

WHY?

Here is an idea. Why not learn how to use the BR8? Why not after learning, use it to its full potential? Why not just buy a 2 track recorder if thats all you know how to use?

Get Real, and STOP giving people advice about things you dont know diddly about.

I can back up everything I say. My recordings have all been done on my BR8 and you can listen to them here:

I would love to hear the quality you guys are getting when you "Bounce" down to 2 tracks and run that Zip into your computer. Why not post a example of your Quality?
If your recording quality is better than mine, I will shut the hell up. If you cant back your advice up than I would suggest taking notes.

Steven

Ohhh he's getting all hostile....And the reason for loading it up on zip and importing to Cool Edit/Cakewalk is so you can do all of your effects like the different vocal effects that the BR8 DOES NOT HAVE and also to run a better Compressor and EQ like the Waves Platinum Bundle.... So basically we are using it to it's full potential and WHY would they have a zip drive besides that they are cheap and WHY WOULD THEY HAVE WAVE CONVERTER SOFTWARE if your "not using it to it's full potential" Because there is only so much you can do with 1 machine Don't get me wrong I LOVE MY BR8 but I feel more comfortable mixing down on pc so I can add all of my effects.... So basically it is WHATEVER YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING but I bet that it takes us (that mix down on pc) less time to mix and probably get the same sound as you do but I don't know I have never heard your music but the times I did mix just using the BR8 I didn't like it because I couldn't compress like I wanted certain parts were louder than others and also like I stated before I have a lot of ppl that I record that uses anywhere from 6 to 8 Tracks just for the chorus of the song so it gets kind of hard to bounce from here to there and from there to here that is where I'm coming from and before you get an attitude why don't you try mixing on PC yourself and then see which one you like better

Forgot Something

Before I load up into my pc I don't bounce anything I take everything in as a single track that way I can do all of my panning in cool edit 2.0 so I do nothing on the BR8 except hit record and use the vocal effects but like I said I can mix on the BR8 but don't like doing it. But that's you do it how you want and we will do it how we want

LMAO. This isnt hostile. Just really confused as to why waste 6 perfectly good tracks? Thats what is confusing to me. I am cool with running it into cakewalk or something like that. Thats how I do it too.

Are you telling me there is a way to get ALL 8 traks into Cakewalk Seperately? If thats true, than I stand corrected and Would love to learn how to do this.

Steven

Also, To ALL who responded..... Please post a link to your music So I can hear what kind of quality you are getting using this method..

First off I haven't posted any music I have done with the BR8 yet

Now... How I do it is I record my vocals and on the Wave Converter software instead of clicking 2 blocks with vocals on it I just click one at a time and then click the convert button

imalion said:

WHY?

Steven

The Decaf brother....Try the Decaf....

LMAO. Your right. Way too much caffene yesterday.

But seriously..... If there is a better way to run things into Cakewalk I would love to know. I would really be interested in if it is possible to run all 8 tracks seperately into Calewalk. Currently I run all 8 tracks as a Stereo file into Calewalk.

Still would like to here some examples of something. Even if its not a full song.

Steven

Imalion

Are you using the Wave Converter software to convert to wave or are you using another method??

RD423,

No I am not using the Wave converter. I have been just going from the digital out on the BR8 straight into my sound card. And into Cakewalk as a stereo file.

Steven

Then I can't tell you how to just load one track at a time because I use the wave converter software that's how I load mine up one at a time

imalion said:
Are you telling me there is a way to get ALL 8 traks into Cakewalk Seperately? If thats true, than I stand corrected and Would love to learn how to do this.

Steven

There are at least 2 ways to get all 8 tracks seperated into cakewalk/sonar.

1) One is to export the tracks soloed one at a time and then sync them up by making a clik at the beginning of all the tracks at the same time, and using that click as a reference point in sonar.

2)The second is to use a zip drive in your comp, for all you cheapos you can even pull the one right out of your br-8 and plug it into your comp. The free software Boss/Roland gives out allows you to seperate all the tracks into wave files on your comp. Not only that, but you can even take the virtual tracks off and put them into seperate waves, then import them into sonar.

Jon

BTW sorry "god" next time youre going to know everything, dont be such an ignorant slut, AND your stuff isnt very good quality anyway, muffled distorted vocals and everything clips, wait-a-mix jackass

imalion said:

WHY?

Here is an idea. Why not learn how to use the BR8? Why not after learning, use it to its full potential?

Steven

I just thought i would point this out in your posting steven, as youve shown youre an idiot. Do your research, then you can be an asshole.

take your own advice and "STOP giving people advice about things you dont know diddly about."

jon

Jono,

Idiot?
I am far from an idiot. As a matter of fact, I know a hell of alot about recording and I know a hell of alot about the BR-8.

I notice you quoted the very first message in that thread. If you would have read the entire thread you would have noticed that things came full circle.

Also, You must have missed the Threads "Title".

BACK IT UP OR SHUT UP!

Lets hear what you have recorded with your BR-8. Please give us all a link to YOUR music you have recorded with the BR-8.

Steven

Last edited:
Steven.

Your one talented Mutha!.... I checked out your stuff.... It's great.....

I'm not just talking about recording... The songs are also killer......

I don't have a BR8... but for entertainment purpouses, I have been following this thread...

None of your oponents have posted sounds..... Guess you win .. :D

Joe

VOX,

Hey thanks for listening Bro. I am glad you like it. Do you know anyone who can give me a recording contract? LMAO .... Just kidding.. (Kinda)

Take it easy.

Steven

Last edited:
imalion said:
VOX,

Hey thanks for listening Bro. I am glad you like it. Do you know anyone who can give me a recording contract? LMAO .... Just kidding.. (Kinda)

Take it easy.

Steven

Yeah...... Theres a guy around here by the name of DJ Fingaz...... You should contact him.. he has his own label with big stars and 70,000 records sold to date......:rolleyes:

:D

Back