1824cd burn process

digital

Hi everyone,..i tried burning my first cd on this unit but i don't understand the part where,...let me see if i remember,..i only did this once but it was something about haveing to pick what tracks will be going to the left side and which ones will go to the right side. I had to pick the tracks one at a time before burning. The part i don't understand is,...i did all the panning of the tracks to where i want the sounds to be in the mix before i burnned, then this page came up on the display saying to pick what tracks will be left or right,...whats all this stuff. Can't i just record 6 or 7 or what ever tracks,.. do the panning stuff,..add effects and burn a cd. I'm just confused at why i had to pick what tracks went where for the stereo tracks that i mix down to. I used tracks 17 AND18 for the stereo tracks,.. i thought i was ready to burn my cd but,....well can someone please explain what this is all about,...the picking of left and right stuff that i had to do before burning. ..........See,...if all the panning is where i want it to be on all the tracks,...won't this picking of tracks make the panning that i chose be all screwed up,...won't the tracks all sound,...lets say...guitar hard right...piano hard left.What this screen is asking is for me to pick what sounds come out of the right side and left side of the 2 stereo tracks,...i think,...but if thats what it is,..then how do you pan the tracks exactly where you want??????????....confused yet???...sorry!!!,..i hope someone understands me here. Thank you!!.

Dude,

You need to record the mix you have set up to the master tracks before you burn it to CD! Read the manual about recording to the master tracks.

Think of it this way- If you were baking a cake you would get out the ingredients, mix them togther, then throw it in the oven to cook. So far, by recording the tracks you have only gotten the ingredients onto the counter, you still gotta mix em togther before you burn 'em to a CD. Otherwise, you'll just be putting a few individual ingredients (tracks) onto the CD.

Get it?

Back