Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why can't I figure out this Time Clock?

mixsit is offline Been Here, Posted That
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChuckles View Post
    Hi,

I used to have an SR16 and all I used was "Beat Clock". MMC or MTC doesn't need to be on as the SR16 does not respond to either protocol..
    That what I was curious about. I figured they would use MTC. Is that different from some other midi devices ('synths what have you) in that they're not using or following MTC?
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

35chevy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks
    I turned off the clock out on the sr-16 and the clock in on. I turned the midi thru off. I set PT and the sr-16 to the same bpm. In setup peripherals, MTC reader port is set to any, and generator port is set to none although I have tried setting both of those to the sr-16 with no defference. I have tried MMC both enabled and disabled as both slave and master with no defference. Midi beat clock is enabled with the sr-16 selected. With "wait for note" enabled on the transport, pressing play on the sr-16 will start PT recording. However, the sr-16 still will not follow the click. With Input quantize selected under event operations, PT will record the sr-16 correctly for several bars, eventually finding its way off again. I'm about to give up on this. Hours are passing by fooling with this nonsense LOL.

MrChuckles is offline New Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    That what I was curious about. I figured they would use MTC. Is that different from some other midi devices ('synths what have you) in that they're not using or following MTC?
    Not many drum machines use MTC. Usually it's only the MPC's, MV's, and SP type boxes. And older keyboard workstations didn't use MTC either. Like KORG o1/w or K2000 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by 35chevy View Post
    I turned off the clock out on the sr-16 and the clock in on. I turned the midi thru off. I set PT and the sr-16 to the same bpm. In setup peripherals, MTC reader port is set to any, and generator port is set to none although I have tried setting both of those to the sr-16 with no defference. I have tried MMC both enabled and disabled as both slave and master with no defference. Midi beat clock is enabled with the sr-16 selected. With "wait for note" enabled on the transport, pressing play on the sr-16 will start PT recording. However, the sr-16 still will not follow the click. With Input quantize selected under event operations, PT will record the sr-16 correctly for several bars, eventually finding its way off again. I'm about to give up on this. Hours are passing by fooling with this nonsense LOL.
    Seems that u have PT as the slave? If so that's your problem. U can't have PT slave and resend MBC to the same device. Don't set PT to slave to incoming clock, let it be the master. Try this with a blank session to get an idea of the "clock" assignments.

1. Set MBC only to the port that feeds the "MIDI IN" on the SR16.
    (Should be out of your midi interface to MIDI IN on the SR)

2. Set the desired tempo in PT

3. On SR set "CLOCK IN" to on.

4. Press ply in PT.

U don't need to deal with MMC or MTC as you SR does not use those protocols and they only add to the confusion.

Your SR should play at the tempo that u set in PT. This is a basic MBC setup and should get u going.

weitongkiko is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Ok, I know it's been covered before, and I've even helped people to solve the problem, but I've been in the studio for 14hrs today and just can't think my way through this one. Serious case of being totally brain dead. So, here's what happened. Normally recording session, done at 44.1kHz. Mid way through, I have to open a session file at 48k. Not a problem - switch the master clock to 48, proceed as normal.
    You can find clock in China.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information