Who's Pro Tools Certified?

the protols cert was, in my not so humble opinion, one of the few truly important parts of the curriculum at my puppy mill............ um, i mean school.
:p

I'd be interested in knowing which people have certification or who claims that the certification is a joke.....and how many of those have a full time job working in a studio and running Pro Tools.

???

I was 210/m certified in 2005, but did not re-certify. I think the Pro Tools certifications are a bit of a joke. How can a multiple guess online test show that you really know how to operate Pro Tools in a real recording session? Especially when some of the questions are things like, "Which of the following interfaces are compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered?" That has nothing to do with operating Pro Tools. That's not the only pointless question on that test either, it's just the only one I can think of right now. I work full time at an audio recording school, and work part time at a pro studio. The school I work at is now dropping the Digidesign certifications, and developing our own based on feedback from studios who have taken our grads as interns. (studios such as Electric Lady, Soundcastle, The Plant, Ocean Way, etc.), The tests will be all hands on, so you will know exactly how well you can operate Pro Tools as it relates to a recording session. I think this is a way better approach, and I think our students are going to out perform others with the digi certs, just based on a more practical, hands on education.

I was 210/m certified in 2005, but did not re-certify. I think the Pro Tools certifications are a bit of a joke. How can a multiple guess online test show that you really know how to operate Pro Tools in a real recording session? Especially when some of the questions are things like, "Which of the following interfaces are compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered?" That has nothing to do with operating Pro Tools. That's not the only pointless question on that test either, it's just the only one I can think of right now. I work full time at an audio recording school, and work part time at a pro studio. The school I work at is now dropping the Digidesign certifications, and developing our own based on feedback from studios who have taken our grads as interns. (studios such as Electric Lady, Soundcastle, The Plant, Ocean Way, etc.), The tests will be all hands on, so you will know exactly how well you can operate Pro Tools as it relates to a recording session. I think this is a way better approach, and I think our students are going to out perform others with the digi certs, just based on a more practical, hands on education.

Hands on approach beats multiple choice any day!!!

Eck

Back