Where can I find Pro-Tools for cheap?

ace3

I've been working with Adobe Audition but want to move to Pro-Tools seeing that's what's used throughout the music industry. If anyone could refer me to where I could find either a download or a place where I could buy a cheaper but efficient version of Pro-tools I would appreciate it!

I've been working with Adobe Audition but want to move to Pro-Tools seeing that's what's used throughout the music industry. If anyone could refer me to where I could find either a download or a place where I could buy a cheaper but efficient version of Pro-tools I would appreciate it!

You have to buy it and use it with Digidesign's hardware. ProTools isn't a stand alone program.

So if you're using say...GarageBand and you want to switch to something with more features/plug-ins, I'm assuming Pro Tools would not be the way to go?

Right now, I'm only recording acoustic guitar and vocals. Running only a mic and preamp into the computer.

you have to look at what works for you, but if your a songwriter and have the money the best deal for macs is Logic, infact it almost makes me want to switch to mac.

You could go with a version of the MBox. The MBox 2 will run you about $400-500. It has 2 XLR inputs and 2 SPDIF inputs.

It also comes with Ableton in the software bundle, Melodyne for tuning vocals, and XPand which is a midi instrument plug with a ton of sounds to play with.

If you can spend that kind of money, then go for it.

MBox Mini...cheapest way to get into PT....About $300 ...buy from SWEETWATER.COM
The absolute BEST follow up support.

I'd get an mbox one before a mini, cheaper and you get 2 xlr in's instead of 1

correct me if i'm wrong, but the mini only has 1 pre as well?

correct me if i'm wrong, but the mini only has 1 pre as well?

Correct. I would still go with the mini or the Mbox 2 though. IMO I wouldn't want an interface that Digidesign doesn't support anymore. The mini isn't so bad but it doesn't take long before the lack of inputs becomes frustrating.

They might not support the mbox 1 anymore but imo i still think it's the best mainly because it has focusrite preamps built it. I have used one for a few years now. And as long as I can keep using it with the new versions of protools coming out im cool. and when it comes to a point that I cant then I will just stop upgrading.

Combo package

The Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini USB audio interface is nice. It comes with Pro Tools Le and audio interface for about $295. I used to use adobe audition and even the earlier versions of Cool Edit and this package makes it nice to get quality and affordability.

you have to look at what works for you, but if your a songwriter and have the money the best deal for macs is Logic, infact it almost makes me want to switch to mac.

I have an 003 using a PC and am thinking about switching to!!

But then again I have been slacking on my songwriting and putting all my time into GEAR!! It's an addiction!!:D I don't really need anything..But I sure want!!

I have an 003 using a PC and am thinking about switching to!!

But then again I have been slacking on my songwriting and putting all my time into GEAR!! It's an addiction!!:D I don't really need anything..But I sure want!!

You can use the 003 on a mac, I use my mbox 1 on a mac, and I have even used my 002r on my mac laptop.

Back