So I want to get an Mbox 2

14yearoldkid

Hello!, I want to get an mbox 2 and I was wondering if hooking up my 20 channel Peavey mixer to it would be a bad idea? I record solo, So I would be doing at most 2 tracks at a time. Which i know the Mbox 2 only has 2 ins/outs. Will i lose quality using the pre-amps in my mixer then to my mbox, then to the computer?

I am basically getting an Mbox 2 to learn pro tools and record on pro tools. I use Sonar Home Edition as of now... Another thing is that i have a very capable computer that has Windows Vista... Will Pro Tools LE run well on windows Vista?

thanks

Hello!, I want to get an mbox 2 and I was wondering if hooking up my 20 channel Peavey mixer to it would be a bad idea? I record solo, So I would be doing at most 2 tracks at a time. Which i know the Mbox 2 only has 2 ins/outs. Will i lose quality using the pre-amps in my mixer then to my mbox, then to the computer?

I am basically getting an Mbox 2 to learn pro tools and record on pro tools. I use Sonar Home Edition as of now... Another thing is that i have a very capable computer that has Windows Vista... Will Pro Tools LE run well on windows Vista?

thanks

Why even use a mixer? There is no need for it!!

As far as vista go's..Im useing vista on my laptop and it works fine...you need to have at least PT 7.4cs7...I mix on my desktop pc with XP.(my desk top can handle all the plugins better)..Oh and some plugins wount work with vista..all of mine work fine but I do know people ahve had problems with some plugs!!
Good luck and have fun!!!

I would sell that mixer and get a Mackie Pro Tools mixing interface. Theres no need to use a mixer for single source tracking. But the Mackie will let you mix with ease, plus they have automated faders, which are a hoot if you have superstitious friends...

if your only going to be doing 2 tracks at a time, why even bother with the mixer? since the Mbox has 2 ins.

as far as vista compatability goes, do you have vista 32 or 64 bit? PT LE works fine with vista as long as its 32-bit. i have a less than desireable computer, for recording anyways [only 1 gig RAM] and protools runs great on mine, as long as i dont have any un-needed programs running. but, beware ive heard some bad things about vista 64-bit and protools.

Back