Protools 8 managing plugins

I'm sorry; I'm finding it difficult to formulate a response due to the overwhelming amount of info you've provided.:p

Seriously, tell us more. :)

lol, i didnt think I need to tell more just to find out this option. I thought it was just a simple "go to option - manage plugins" kind of thing. anyways here' s the best i can tell.

Host: Protools 8.0.0
Recording system: Digidesign HD1 with 96
RAM: 4gb
CPU: INtel Xeon 2 x dual core 3.0ghz 1033

All I wanted is to disable and enable some plugins. At first, when I start PT, a window popups telling that I installed a plugin and telling me if i want to use the RTAS, TDM, VST version of that but I check mark "do not show next time". So none was enabled. I check all the options after getting into the protools but I couldnot find that part to enable those plugins. It was a trial version for 10 days and i havent tested that plugin yet and im running out of time :(

Hmm. I had this problem last week with waves v8 demo.

I ended up reinstalling them and it worked fine.

PT9 showed 'loading waves v8.0.0 waveshell' but the plugs weren't in my lists until after a reinstall.

Try that and see what happens.

If memory serves, the little dialogue says "check the plugin type you don't want to use", so I just don't check anything.
This is fine.

lol funny coz thats the plugin i am talking about. I was gonna try the Waves Aphex Aural exciter but failed. Ok, looks like thats the only choice we have. I will reinstall them TY

Thought it might be. They seem to be a little bit fussy sometimes.

Let us know, yeah?

Do you have two separate iloks and accounts? If so, you could get the demo again (AFAIK) on the other account if your time runs out too soon.

Back