Problem w/ Bouncing

djbaudio

Using intel MacBook w/ Pro Tools 7.0 & Mbox

I did a search for this, but didn't find much.

I'm currently mixing some voice overs and need the bounced file to be an aiff. PT will let me bounce to aiff, but I don't get the aiff icon next to the bounced file. I just have a sound wave looking icon. When clicked it says that "this is not a valid pro tools session". I tried bouncing to a WAV file and got the same thing. The only thing I can bounce to is a quicktime movie. Any advice?

Once bounced, you can no longer play the file in protools, you must use a media player of some type. I'm assuming you are trying to play it in protools, or it should not give you the error message.

-K

I'm not trying to play it in pro tools again. Normally a finalized bounced file icon(when clicked on) will automatically open my iTunes.
I'm bouncing to Stereo(out 1-2), Stereo Interleaved, AIFF, and converting after the bounce.

I imported my bounced aif file into itunes and that plays, but when the bounced aif file is on my desktop and clicked, it wants to open up Pro Tools. On my PC I have an aif file icon. Maybe this is just different w/ mac. I guess you just have to play it through a media player.

Last edited:
Mac doesn't add extensions if I remember correctly....not like a PC does

Sounds like your Mac is just confused as to which program to use when opening up an audio file. Sorry, I don't know enough about macs to tell you where to look for this option. Probably under a control panel somewhere.

Control+click the file and open it with a different program..right now the icon probably has a big Digidesign logo yes?

Back