Now has automatic delay compensation
Track count is now 96
32 inputs and outputs
Aux busses upped to 256
Includes mp.3 encoder
Includes full track beat detective
Digibase pro is included
Digitranslator is included
New smaller ilok (it's fatter, but shorter)

Cost of PT9: $599
Cost to upgrade from LE 8: $250
Cost to upgrade from m powered: $350

Pro Tools HD 9:
Upgrade from 8 is $350
Now has 7.1 surround mixing capabilities
You can run it on a laptop without hardware

That's all I caught, they increased the instrument track count as well but I missed the number.

AWWWW MAN!!!!!!!
You beat me to it. :D

Need to move to protools and this really got my heart beating. They have just done everything I would like, to make me move to protools without having to do it through nessesity.

What do I do now??????

cancel my mbox 3 pro order and buy pro tools 9 and a nice presonus interface, or keep my mbox on order and do an instant upgrade?????

can't believe i custom built a desk around a 003.

**.bangs head on table repeatedly.**

screw it. i'm going analog!

I'm sticking with the profire 2626 for now, but since it now works with anything I may consider something nicer down the road (RME or Apogee).

I'm predicting a shit ton of 002 and 003 hardware on ebay next week. Any people won't be able to get shit for it.

funny i was thinking the same thing....

my 003 is in storage until next may :eek::eek::eek::eek:

i think i may hoke it out and sell the shit out of it!

Features:

Now has automatic delay compensation
Track count is now 96
32 inputs and outputs
Aux busses upped to 256
Includes mp.3 encoder
Includes full track beat detective
Digibase pro is included
Digitranslator is included
New smaller ilok (it's fatter, but shorter)

Cost of PT9: $599
Cost to upgrade from LE 8: $250
Cost to upgrade from m powered: $350

Pro Tools HD 9:
Upgrade from 8 is $350
Now has 7.1 surround mixing capabilities
You can run it on a laptop without hardware

That's all I caught, they increased the instrument track count as well but I missed the number.

So it has 96 audio tracks? and can be used with any interface?

Yes, I know it was announced at AES, but usually major updates like that are announced at NAMM. So that means that Avid has some other things up their sleeve for NAMM...

Like..... new hardware? maybe? oh wait, nobody cares about their hardware anymore. :D

So it has 96 audio tracks? and can be used with any interface?

Yes.

You can run 32 channels of audio in and out now as well (vs I think 18 or something like that in the stock version of LE).

And thanks for updating the instrument track info, I just missed it.

I guess they have a list of hardware that doesn't play so nice with cubase 9, but I guess it's pretty short.

My problem is, I've only been paying much attention to Digi/Avid hardware since that's what I've been stuck with.. and I have no idea what's good otherwise. I have a 002 control surface that I think I'll probably be switching out for something better now (well, eventually)...

Yes, I know it was announced at AES, but usually major updates like that are announced at NAMM. So that means that Avid has some other things up their sleeve for NAMM...

Have a look when Pro Tools 8 was announced.

N.B. It was not at NAMM ;)

Also, the Fall AES Convention is about 2-3 weeks later than usual (in the past it was typically around Columbus Day). So a lot of devs/manufacturers are able to announce their big releases at AES instead of NAMM because they've been determined and set in stone this close to the holiday season.

In the past, this wasn't always the case, because mid-October often meant they didn't have their plans set for sure just yet.

Back