Pro tools 8 review

jman1986

ok guys, i am just dying to watch/hear a review on pro tools 8.
Does any one no of anyone that has posted a video or audio on it?

Me too. I'll be updating because I'd like to do class-work at home instead of having to go to the Digi-lab, but I'm still curious. I watched the videos today and it seems pretty sweet. I love the fact there are FINALLY more tracks to play with. I truly do not see myself every needing more than 48, so I'm rather stoked!

Brandon

haha yea man, i will prob never use 48 on my machine. It's not the best machine but it does what it needs to! I can't wait until i have enough money to buy pro tools 8 lol, i just wanna see a review from a normal user on how they think of it.

I really like it so far, the included plugins are way more useful than older versions of PT. It is really really nice on the eyes too, very smooth looking. no problems so far!

I try to get things right while recording so I dont do much editing..so IMO it is not much better, unless you need the score editor or your tracks colored!!!

pro tools 8 review

Well, I got my copy of 8 on Monday. First impressions, audio interface takes a little while to get used to, new virtual instruments are good from what I've tried, the plugins are really good and the new midi editor is really good and easy to use, used it to write and edit a drum pattern with Addictive Drums. Overall it seems like a big improvement and worth investing in,
coyoteman35
P.s. In addition, it seems to run much better on machine than 7.4cs did(Windows XP, Intel Duo Core, 500GB hard drive, 2GB ram)

Enhancer plugin

Has anyone used the AIR enhancer or other new plugins? I'm wondering if the enhancer is something like BBE Sonic Maximizer or Aphex exciter?
I really miss my old BBE, can't use with PT and the new RTAS BBE D82 sounds more like EQ than enhancer

Back