Oh yeah! MBOX1

ridgeback

I haven't used this thing for a few years. I have M-Powered with a Project Mix I/O in the studio. But I was thinking I could do something with the old MBox at home besides a paperweight. My home computer now is OSX and classic doesn't run so well on it for some reason. I'm assuming that maybe it's hopeless unless I get an OS9 machine running with my original PT that came with the mbox? I'm just looking to dink around at home. Any ideas?

I haven't used this thing for a few years. I have M-Powered with a Project Mix I/O in the studio. But I was thinking I could do something with the old MBox at home besides a paperweight. My home computer now is OSX and classic doesn't run so well on it for some reason. I'm assuming that maybe it's hopeless unless I get an OS9 machine running with my original PT that came with the mbox? I'm just looking to dink around at home. Any ideas?

Why can't you use it with OSx?

My original software (PT6.?) is OS9 I think.:rolleyes: Maybe I better find that disk to make sure but I'm pretty sure it is. I also thought I heard somewhere that the original MBox was not OSX compatible. I've been wrong before.:D

The original mBox is compatible with OSX. Be careful and make SURE you have the exact right version of OSX to go with the version of PT you have. From Digi's site:

"Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, and Mbox systems require Pro Tools LE software version 6.9.2 or higher to work on Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger". A free compatibility update to Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 for Mac OS X 10.4 is available for download for Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, and Mbox users with Pro Tools LE 6.7 or higher software"

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=1&navid=54&itemid=22904

and

http://archive.digidesign.com/compato/osx/os.cfm

I still have my mBox and use it all the time as a glorified dongle.

-C

Thanks Chris. BUT........10.3.9 and version 6.7PT. :mad: Oh well. The mini is cheap enough. Maybe that's the route to go. Also the home puter needs to be retired. G3-400 iMac. (I actually saw a kit to turn it into a fish tank!) I've got a G4 tower sitting here so I'll just get monitor and Tiger. Then I should be good to go.

I am running 10.4.9, PTLE 7.3 and Quick Time 7.1.6 with an Mbox1 on my 12" ibook and it works fine. Very stable, my 21st century version of the Portastudio. I use it more than my Digi002 Rack just because it is simple, reliable and always ready to go.

bilco

Back