MIDI IO install problem

Dax Productions

So when installing PT 7.3, if I don't check the midi IO driver in the install options, everything works fine. Except when I run protools, I can't use my midi. When I do check the midi box in the install dialog, it tells me that protools install was not successful and I should try again.

Anyone run into this? This is SUPER annoying.

Are you using Digidesigns "Midi i/o hardware unit as your midi interface????

That driver (on the install disc) is for a specific piece of hardware, it's not there so you can run midi in Pro Tools.

really? oh okay. I thought that was just the driver for my mbox 2 pro's midi section.

wierd. but thanks!!!!

Okay, new problem then... I've set up my midi keyboard in the ams thing... I setup a midi track, and set the input to my keyboard, but the track still gets no input. Any ideas?

AMS???

Haven't heard that term in years.

What do you mean when you say you "get no input"? Are you seeing midi data but no sound OR are you seeing no midi data???

Are you on a PC or Mac??

When you say "midi keyboard" is it a controller, workstation, ect?

How is the midi keyboard configured?? Is the midi keyboard "local"off?

Are you sure you've properly configured the "midi setup" from the pull down menu inside Pro Tools?

Are you using the midi ports of the M-Box or are you using USB??

If using USB have you updated the driver list?

Have you read your manual?

Okay now I feel a bit silly. Turns out everything was fine. Midi records and everything just fine, but I was expecting to see some action on the meter when playing my keyboard. This wasn't happening and I thought something was wrong.

After 7 years with Sonar its going to take me a while to get used to PT!

Back