Mic Shoot-Out (U87,U89,Blueberry,K2,AT4050,AT4040,Vienna au12,sm57)

natecoemusic

Mics are 1/4 of the battle between the great vocalist, a good preamp, and great A/D converters. When picking the right mic for something, you have to understand the strengths and weaknesses of everything that you use and be able to use these things effectively.

Here is A microphone shoot-out using:

Neumann U87
Neumann U89
Blue Blueberry
Rode K2
Audio-Technica 4050
Audio-Technica 4040
ADK Vienna au12
Shure Sm-57

Vocal Mic Shoot-out (Neumann,Blue,Rode,Audio-Technica,ADK,Shure) - YouTube

Enjoy!!!!

Last edited:
Wow, I am impressed, IMO the $99 57 sounded as good as any of the other more expensive mics. There was some directional things to my ears, but then again the vocalist may have been fatiguing a bit and moving her head around and that is what a 57 is designed for right :)

Nice video thanks for sharing.

So.....what does this have to do with ProTools, other than the fact that you used it to record this?

Is there a point?

So.....what does this have to do with ProTools, other than the fact that you used it to record this?

Is there a point?

Who needs a snotty comment like this. I wish there were more informational posts like this on this site even if it may be in the wrong section verses the territorial BS like you posted. I actually came back to this post 3 weeks later just to see if anything else had been said about it. The OP, posted sometihng valuable, interesting and helpful and you posted crap. Maybe You should log into Facebook and wine to your actual friends about it instead of wasting our/my time.

Back