M-Powered and Lion

TGriggs23

I have pro tools M-Power 7.1.1 and just got a computer from a friend to run it. Its an iMac with a 2.4ghz Intel core 2 duo, and I am running OSX Lion 10.7.1. However I can not get any drive (internal or external) to be recognized as a "valid audio record volume", every thin else seems fine.
I have tried switching them in pro tools' "workspace" menu. I have also reformatted and repaired permissions.

I figured I might need an updated version of M-Powered but can not find a way to download the upgrades I need.

Please help!!!
Edit/Delete Message

What is the file system of the drive.

"Windows NTFS or FAT32 formatted drives supported on Mac OS X for transfer only "

Quite often external drives are fat32 for cross-platform use.

I am not at my studio right now to check what I tried last, but I have used the disc utility to format in every way I have the option to and have tried multiple drives :/

Drive speed? Not sure off the top of my head but I have a feeling Pro tools won't be happy with a 5400rpm drive or a USB 1.1 connection.

Might be worth checking, but like i say, this is not fact.

Actually, I read yesterday that pro tools wants a 7200rpm. The drive I had been trying to work with most of the day it ends up is a 5400rpm drive, but I switched to a 7200rpm after I read that and started trying everything again..... to no avail :-(

Are you using usb 1.1? try other ports? IDK, I'm clutching at straws a little.

Tried the DUC for other people with the same problem?

I am using fire wire and am running the drive through a port on my interface, I am able to access the drive just fine I just can't set it as an audio record volume. I know this is crazy I had this problem before on my old computer and it was a quick fix. I just want to exhaust all possibilities before I break down and spend the money on PT MP 9 :/

What's the DUC?

According to DUC, the interface should be the last device in a daisy chain.
Does your computer have two firewire ports, and if not, does your hdd?

Run the two devices off separate ports, or chain like this

MAC->HDD->Interface

not

MAC->Interface->HDD

Back