How do i set it so I can adjust my markers without affecting the loop in PT?

wreckd504

I set a loop and zoom in to move it a little, but as soon as i click to move the mark it snaps to where the play cursor is up to, losing my loop.

I know its a check box in preferences, but i just can't find it and its driving me crazy. Anyone know how to set it so i can make adjustments to the highlighted loop with having it snap to the part that is playing?

I set a loop and zoom in to move it a little, but as soon as i click to move the mark it snaps to where the play cursor is up to, losing my loop.

I know its a check box in preferences, but i just can't find it and its driving me crazy. Anyone know how to set it so i can make adjustments to the highlighted loop with having it snap to the part that is playing?

isn't it something like "playback follows edit insertion", soemthing like that?

exactly what i thought, but alas it did not allow me to edit the loop whilst zoomed in. Thanks for the reply though

Under options i don't have dynamic transport =(

i'm running 7.0 on a PC, i have checked and unchecked every combination in the preferences to no avail

i mean i can get around it by stopping playback, changing the loop points and starting playback again but there has to be a way to adjust the loop whilst its playing

oops, sorry dynamic transport is a 7.3 (I think) addition... hmmmm... not at home right now, will look again tonight....

suggestion

there is an icon on the edit window top left hand corner

its like the third one along, cant remember the name, but its kinda like this

.||.

unclick it and then you can click on other places in the edit window without loosing your selection.

there is an icon on the edit window top left hand corner

its like the third one along, cant remember the name, but its kinda like this

.||.

unclick it and then you can click on other places in the edit window without loosing your selection.

This man knows his stuff about PT (usually :P)

Eck

Back