Help with compatible Pro-Tools 8 Mixers!!

4PO

I have Pro Tools 8 M-Powered and am working on building up my home studio. I'm in the market for a mixing board but I'm...well... that's it. I have no idea what I'm doing with this. Are there only certain boards that will work with my Pro Tools 8 M-Powered? I don't want to get something that I can't use.

Also, once I get a compatible mixing board, how do you I connect that with my Fast Track Pro? Do I even need the Fast Track Pro? ARGH! I'm getting frustrated just asking lol.

I guess basically I'm looking for a little more control (pre amp compression, for example) with my recording. Plus, I think it's time for me to learn how to use a board.

Unless the board you get has a built-in interface, you will still need the Fast Track Pro. You might even want to consider upgrading to an interface with more inputs and more channels so you can plug the outs from all of the busses on your mixer to an individual input on your interface so you can have separate volume control and post-production mixing options.

The interface ties your analog audio to your digital audio so unless you are just playing the mixer through a P.A., you will still need a way to convert analog to digital so your computer can read it.

Back