buying used Digidesign/pro tools

ad0lescnts

Hello,
I need a pro tools rig to work on my already started protools project. I'm selling my MOTU 828 and a bunch of gear so I can get a used 002 or something.

what do I need to know before buying a used 002? I'm going to be running it on a PC, and then hopefully down the road getting a mac. Do 002's use iLok? It should come with an iLok when I buy used right?

Also, are there any other good options besides the 002? The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't support word clock. but I do appreciate the ADAT...

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Tyler

I am just a newbie, but I know this much, you better head over to the Digi website and check out PC compatibilities to insure your PC can actually run Pro Tools before you pick up an 002 or even an MBox... It has been my experience that Pro Tools is very picky about what kind of system it will run (well) on. Motherboard chipsets, etc. are listed as compatible or not... Check it out to insure your system is up to the task. Mine was not...

Good luck,

- Acoustic

Firewire

You probably know this already, but you'll need a Firewire interface from your 002. Dunno if the new ones are using USB or something else, but if you're buying used, it'll likely be a Firewire.

Back