Best Pro Tools Plugins?

I have the free Massey plugs which i use constantly.... the limiter and the tape simulator, i can't believe the demos work so well. I also have purchased and use Masterverb from Wave Arts. I prefer Melodyne to Autotune. And I really appreciate the digi EQ...

I'll second the Amplitube recommendation. I've used it on guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and lots of scary things.

I like a lot of the instruments on SampleTank, but I only have the version that came with ProTools. Ditto on Reason Adapted, which has a fabulous Wurlitzer sampler and some weird-ass synth stuff that's pretty handy on occasion.

I go back and forth on DVerb. There are settings I use for weirdo effects and occasionally straight vocals that work pretty well, but sometimes I do need to go outboard to get natural reverbs. As mentioned earlier, kinda depends on what you're looking for.

Massey and Wave Arts. Besides the stock Digi plugs I can't really see the need for anything else. I especially love the Wave Arts reverb plug.

McDSP Compressor Bank, PSP Vintage Warmer, and URS Fulltec EQ. Haven't tried the Massey plug-ins but heard good things about them.

No Automation?....means? I can't use automation to turn them on or off?

And "no recall" is they disappear on each save?

If that's all I think I could work around that most of the time.

Thanks,

Rusty K

Back