Audio Interface And Protools? for G4 Mac, Tiger?

thabeatnut

Hi just curious, and Iam debating as to what to get, at the moment..I dont know too much about midi audio interfaces, tho I have been recommended m audio and digidesign...All I really need is maybe 2 ins, and 1 out...Or 2 mics in, and maybe another input for a guitar, instr, etc....Now another question I have, is depending on what interface I get, I need to get a compatible version of pro-tools, and everything has to be compatible with my mac? I have a G4 Mac, OSX 10.4, "Tiger", 1.25 ghz...Just looking for advice, on compatibility, and the best audio interface for the bang for the buck! Also a recommendation on the version of Pro Tools...I spent all last night searching on Google, and reading off of digidesigns support links...From what I know, I think Pro Tools 7 is the logical choice??? Still I would like a lil advice if possible...Help!@! :confused:Thanks again.

when you buy a copy of pro tools, you are buying the interface also. Thats the way it works. Decide on if you want a used mbox, or a mbox 2 or a 003. Or you could get mPowered that lets you buy an interface by mAudio that supports mPowered pro tools.
Also, you said you only needed one out. Do a little more research. You want 2 outs for both speakers so you can mix in stereo.

Tony Laughlin
Audio Engineer/Promoter
www.grooveboxmusic.com

Back