The audio device buffer underflowed.

roland342

I am using Pro Tools 10 and keep getting this message: The audio device buffer underflowed.[/B] If this occurs frequently, try decreasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine Panel of remove other devices from the audio firewire bus. (-6085)
The only plug in I have installed is Ivory Syntholgy Virtual Piano 2 MIDI tracks and one track with one instrument. I even tried bypassing the Ivory Piano and I still get the same message.
I just completed a project with Pro Tools 9 and recorded an entire CD some songs had close to 30 tracks and I used the internal drive.
To try and alleviate the problem I have tried:
I purchased a Fire WIre 800/ 400 PCle Combo Host Card (Vantec) along with a external Drive (G Drive slim) 500 GB because I heard that I should have a dedicated hard drive for the system. That still didn't help. After I purchased this I heard that you shouldn't use a FireWire with Windows 7 so I tried unhooking it and using another external hard drive using USB (My Book) 1,000 GB. That didn't help either. Please help this is SO, SO Frustrating!

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Dell
Inspiron 580
Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHZ
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
64 Bit Operating System

Mbox 2 firewire?

• Toggle the clock source from internal to S/PDIF. (under view->session)
  • OK any the error messages.
  • Switch clock source back to internal.
  • OK any error messages.
  • Cross fingers and enjoy smooth playback. :)

Back