Anyone with PT MP9 and c600 knowledge?

xcracer

I bought this new as a bundle, have had it for months, even bought a book. Here is the prob. How do I get to hear a wet (processed) guitar sound in real time? I can record it dry and then add the Sans AMP sim for example after recording and the playback has the processed sound. I want to use the amp sims Pro Tools. Obviously it would be no issue if I used my regular rack mount preamp.

Ordinarily you just

create an audio track
set the correct input
add your effects as an insert
arm the track
plug in your cable
and play.

If you experience high latency, decrease the buffer size in setup/playback engine.

If the sound you hear is dry, click options and untick 'low latency monitoring'.

I tried, no success.

I made a new track. Put the eleven free high gain od with classic 4x12. Can hear just a clean sound. On the screen with the amp head I could move the knobs on the amp, the bypass button at the topof that screen is yellow. I clicked it and it says" cannot change inserts bypass state while track is in low latency monitor mode" . Don't know what that means. I am sure there is something I am missing during track and insert setup.... ?

Low latency monitoring is to reduce delay while recording. It automatically bypasses your inserts on that track and gives you a dry signal. You need to go up to "options" and then down to low latency monitoring and disable it. Then you will hear the processed sound. Then over in the "setup" tab, under playback engine you can change your buffer size lower to help reduce delay while tracking.

Low latency monitoring is to reduce delay while recording. It automatically bypasses your inserts on that track and gives you a dry signal. You need to go up to "options" and then down to low latency monitoring and disable it. Then you will hear the processed sound. Then over in the "setup" tab, under playback engine you can change your buffer size lower to help reduce delay while tracking.

Absolute +1 to that.

Awesome... that worked instantly! Thanks guys! I laid down a scratch track, worked great. When I went to lay a 2nd guitar track down on another track the new one was dry again...will investigate after work...

That is odd. I tried the same thing on my system, once I turn low latency monitoring off and create a track it stays off until I manually turn it back on. Maybe check your preferences. Might be an option that is turning low latency on every time you crete a track. Not sure on that one though.

Awesome... that worked instantly! Thanks guys! I laid down a scratch track, worked great. When I went to lay a 2nd guitar track down on another track the new one was dry again...will investigate after work...

Did you insert another eleven or sansamp on this new track?

playing over a scratch track without recording it

I got my 2nd distorted guitar track to work, the low latency was checked again on my 2nd track. Is there any way to play using the sansamp or eleven free on track 2 without recording it while listening to a rhythm track recorded on track 1? For example if I just want to work on a lead guitar idea over a rhythm part already recorded but I need to use the guitar sim in the software.... but I don't want to record it every time.

so far so good... more questions... sorry.

Thanks guys, right again! I laid multiple tracks and I think I am really going to like this software (Protools). Since my posting title covers mp9 I figured I wouldn't start another thread, but I have a few more questions. I really appreciate your patience guys!
1. Can you use windows 8 with mp9? I am using 7 now. Can't find the answer anywhere.

2. I am using an additional monitor connected to my laptop but there are only certain things I can drag over. I can't move the "mixer" or the screen that has the play back display with the "sound waves and the counter on top" sorry i don't know what its called. Is there a way that I can move these things? They are huge. I can move the sans amp type stuff... Some trick to it?
3. I am using a new Lenovo Laptop dedicated on to Protools, home studio use only. I know an external HD is recommended, exactly what do you recommend?

Thanks

1. Can you use windows 8 with mp9? I am using 7 now. Can't find the answer anywhere.
As far as I know, no version of ProTools is windows 8 supported at this time.
The last confirmation I could find was July 1st.

Avid DUC is absolutely the best resource for up to date PT info. Just put DUC at the end of any protools search term.

2. I am using an additional monitor connected to my laptop but there are only certain things I can drag over. I can't move the "mixer" or the screen that has the play back display with the "sound waves and the counter on top" sorry i don't know what its called. Is there a way that I can move these things? They are huge. I can move the sans amp type stuff... Some trick to it?
Sounds like your mix window has been maximised, which locks it to the current screen.
Try clicking the box beside minimise (unmaximise?) to make the window smaller, then you should be able to drag it about.

3. I am using a new Lenovo Laptop dedicated on to Protools, home studio use only. I know an external HD is recommended, exactly what do you recommend?
Thanks

USB2/3 is probably the safest bet. Any big 7200 drive will do fine.
Maybe stick with brand name enclosures and check a review or two? I know some of the cheap no-name jobs can be sloooooow.

I can't move the "mixer" or the screen that has the play back display with the "sound waves and the counter on top" sorry i don't know what its called.

Just so you know, those are the 'mix window' and the 'edit window'. You know, incase you're googling or whatever.

Oh yeah, ok....Windows...:facepalm:

Protools is all contained within one parent window. You need to take it off full screen then manually resize it to encapsulate both screens.

Think of it as a kinda of 'workspace'.

Some Guy On Another Forum said:
The idea is to NOT maximize the parent window, but to grab the edges of it and drag them out to fill both screens...

I always forget the mix and edit windows are only separate on osx.

Back