16 tracks/inputs interface?

The Digi 002 has the capability to add 8 more ANALOG inputs through the optical digital input.

To do this, buy something like the Behringer AD8000, and two ADAT cables. Then you'll have 8 more ANALOG inputs. I know this has already been explained and mentioned several times in this thread... this really is your best affordable solution.

Note that it's pretty common nowadays for gear to have 16 or more inputs, only 8 of which are analog. ADAT inputs are on just about everything now, and everyone refers to them as "inputs"--whether they are digital or analog.

The way the digi-002 console is, it only has ... 1 ADAT/Optical and 1 S/PDIF input.

it has 8 channels ADAT i/o and 2 channels S/PDIF i/o.

I still dont understand how Im gonna get 16 seperate ANALOG inputs into the back of the digi by itself.

you can't the 002 has a max of 8 analogue i/o

So without buying some type of optical interface to split another 8 ANALOG inputs out of the 1 Digital/Optical input it still only has 8 Inputs that I can use.

exactly - you were talking about spending about $600 on a Delta 1010 PLUS whatever an M-Powered licence costs and with my solution i just saved you $400, yet your complaining about having to buy another piece of gear?

And YES you were being condescending in your posts. The fact that you basically deny it tells me what type of person you are. Im sorry your daddy didn't love you. But there's no need to take it out on random people on the net. I feel sorry for you and especially anyone who accidentally crosses your path. I'm really sorry that I didnt know how to plug 8 inputs into 1 input. That is why I posted my question in the first place.

dude, you're so far off the mark i'm actually laughing. its the internet - grow some thicker skin. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by making you look stupid. As a side note, look thru my posts and the judge who i am ;)

If you had said right away in your first post that the Digi has the "capability" to hook up another 8 inputs thru the 1 optical input on the back but you'll need some type of "add on" to do that, I doubt I would have been soo confused...

Optical ADAT almost always carries 8 channels. I stated in my very first post you had 8 channels i/o thru ADAT on your 002. You obviously haven't a clue about optical ADAT - which is why when i mentioned it you should've taken 30secs to do a google search, or read the manual that came with 002.

Last edited:
Hello,
I want to be able to dump 16 tracks of audio into my computer for use in ProTools. Is there some type of M-Audio interface that will do 16 inputs at a time and comes with ProTools? Thanks

m-audio dosnt make a 16 input interface so what i have done is i bought 2 M-audio DElta 1010LT interfaces, it comes with a protools demo but not the real thing u have to buy it by its self.

16 inputs with 2 delta 1010 interfaces

Poopshoot:
You CAN have 16 inputs with M-powered pro tools, all 24bit/96kHz. I have 2 M-audio Delta 1010 interfaces (one 1010 and one 1010LT), and have no problem, it's a pleasant surprise since PT says it does not support multiple interfaces. Actually had the 1010 for several years before buying into M-powered PT, it's an excellent professional interface.
A Delta 1010 rackmount can be bought for $399 these days, and the 1010LT (no rack, unbalanced RCA inputs) is about half that. So depending on what quality you want you can get 16 great inputs for $400 to $800.

So there ya go.

Chris

but not preamps

one more thing, you will need a mixer with decent preamps as well (I have a small mackie).
Unfortunately M-audio does not make an 8-channel interface with preamps like the MOTU or Presonus... yet. Let's hope someday.
The Projectmix I/O has 8 channels with adequate preamps i've read.

octane

as i understand it, the M-audio octane is 8 preamps with lightpipe interface, correct? never used lightpipe, don't know much about it. It would be nice if M-audio updated this with firewire or PCI, eh?

Back