Software Update for MR8 (red version)

GarySynth

Hi. I'm wondering if I can still get a software update for the original MR8 (the red version). I just went to the Fostex website and it seems they only have the update for the MKII. Would this work for the MK I? Also, I downloaded this update for the MK II just out of curiosity, and it is a MOT file, and my PC is telling me it cannot open this file. How do I get around this? Also, if the MK II software update WILL NOT work for my MK I, can somebody point me to somewhere on the net where I could get the update for the MK I? Thanks!!!

update MR8

I have the zip file v120 if you wanna pm your email address I'll send it to you. It's been a long time since I've upgraded the software and I don't remember the procedure but I think this is the last update Fostex published for the original MR8.

Gary,
I sent you the latest version, 1.21 for the Original MR8... If you need anything else please let me know..

Oh yes!!! I remember paying something like $90 for a 512 MB card! :) I recently got a 2 GB card for about $15!!!

Got the files but MR-8 dead now

Guys, I got the files a little late. someone said they could get the files to work from the MR-8MKII. When I did the update, OUCH. the system will not turn on nor will it take the downloaded update to v1.21 now. Any help or advice.

Guys, I got the files a little late. someone said they could get the files to work from the MR-8MKII. When I did the update, OUCH. the system will not turn on nor will it take the downloaded update to v1.21 now. Any help or advice.

Whoa! Send me you email address and I can send you the MR8-MKII update. It shouldn't have done that. Try to re-install the software again. If you can

Still a Dead Red Box

Guys nothing has worked so far. The MR 8 still only lights up then sits with a blank screen. I am sure what needs to happen is to have the file put back on VIA a hardware load as the processor is not responding to keys/buttons of any sort. Just a nice shelf orniment at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I hate to pitch money out the door.

Hey I found this thread via a long search, I need to update my MR8 (The original, the RED version) and was curious if someone could send me the update as well, please?

bedge419@hotmail.com

bedge419 at hotmail dot com

Thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate it. The manual has the instructions to update I believe, so I should be okay there.

Back