HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Fostex vf160ex record to cd???????

Systamatik

i have been trying to burn the cd for a week now i have wasted about 12 cd-r's (need to buy some cd-rw's) when i mixdown internally it creates a new program like the manual says but it doesnt pick up the tracks in the new one. i am so frustrated i ruined a piece of great work with copy/paste track thinking that i could paste them all to one track but failed miserably i can burn the backup cd that pieces out the tracks of the song into seperate tracks of the cd so i know that the disc drive works i also input the times into clipboard in and clipboard out saved the scene and im not even sure what that actually does for me the align select button still says the clipboard is empty and i can only get the first track to burn onto the cd can you offer any advice???? i cannot comprehend the manual for the life of me. i have been recording on the fostex 8 track mkII for a couple of years now and i have never had this much trouble recording in my life with that there is a usb export i bought this vf160ex to eliminate the computer mastering and i have gotten the mastering down pretty good my problems lie in the mixdown and the clipboard please help i am loosin my mind trying to figure this thing out

Assuming that you haven't changed the Clip In/Out points in the Internal Mixdown program:

Place a blank CD-R in the CD-1A drive

[Setup] - Save PGM - IDE - CD-DA - 01 NON -

(Now, use the data wheel to select the Internal Mixdown program and press [Yes])

Hold down [Rec] and press [Yes]

Burning to CD audio should start at this point

Paj
8^)

Hey thanks alot i really appreciate it i havent had a chance to try it yet (im at work) but thats something i havent tried yet

IT didnt work i just dont understand why but all i can get to burn are tracks one and two, i loaded the program from a disc and it saved on those two tracks. i recorded vocals on 3,4,5 and 6 i mastered it on the fostex with effect 1 and 2 i added the auxillery. pan set the clipboard in and out then hit shift int. mixdown so it was flashing, then setup, Save PGM - IDE - CD-DA - 01 NON used the wheel to choose init mix, and all i got was the instrumental from tracks 1 and 2

Thank you

i printed off some info from that link and im going to try it out tonight. ive been using adobe audition to mix and master but im losing quality there so i hope i can figure it out. thank you once again

Don't bother with the clipboard thing. Doing an internal mixdown sets the clipboard automatically. My reply on the thread below 'anyone own a vf160' says how i do it.

Have you figured this out? You must make a mixdown prior to recording to cd - either internally or externally. The manual steps outline how to set up for burning to cd and should be very straightforward.

FreakInJones

Systamatik:

After reading more of your posts, especially the "...all I can get to burn are tracks one and two . . .", I'm pretty sure that you're trying to burn the original program, not the one you mixed down with Internal Mixdown. When you do an Internal Mixdown a completely new, two-track program is created. This new program is your mixdown. It contains only two, centered tracks and the Clip I/O points are already set. This is the program you burn, NOT your original set of tracks. You don't even have to re-pan the tracks---for an InternalMixdown program, the two tracks will automatically be panned hard R/L during the burning process.

In short, it sounds like you've been trying to burn the wrong program. Burn the one that has a name that starts with "Mix-->"

Paj
8^)

Back