Fostex 3070 Service Manual urgently needed

Steinkopff

Hello dear Fostex-Lovers,
I am desperately looking for the Service-Manual to fix that oldtimer and integrate it into my little home recording set.
I came to use Fostex `cause a friend own a Model 80 1/4" 8Track and i fell for it, had to get one, too.
Some short time after i got my Model 80 with the 450 Mixer and the 8316 Remote. The sound of it is what i was looking for. Just right. I made some demos recently with some musicians i met on the street, everybody was happy after, i learned how to use my gear and the guys now have a demo-cd for free.
Now i got the mentioned 3070, thought it`d be cool to have my gear off the same decade and i`m curious what the detector insert does.
The Problem is the right channel totally overdrives and the left seems to do nothing but silence the signal as the right overdrives. Opened it and found two PCB`s, one for the left, one for the right channel. The only connection between them seems to be the linking switch and the power supply. The fuses are ok, both boards are provided with power. I`m sorry i can`t describe it better, i`m German natively.
Now i`m hoping for help in getting the Service Manual to fix the 3070. This limiter seems quite rare and even if it sounds crappy after repair i won`t care... it`s a Fostex and i`m stubborn :)

Thank You

Back