thinking of moving over to logic from PT

giraffe

i love negative rep
from protools, just poking around at the moment because it's a hefty retool that will take time.

i have one major concern, editing.
i've used protools for years and i love the controol you have over audio editing.
other programs i've tried don't touch it. though i've not tried many.

cubase, an old one called saw and they sucked ass, the editing could not be slower or more cumbersome.
serious crap.

please tell me logic is better, i often have call for very complicated editing and can't put with dumb-fuck work flow and redundant windows.

please have protools experience if your going to answer.
thanks

oh, p.s.

on the digi website it says that you can use tdm plugs also, did i read that right?

can i keep my massey plugs? that would make me happy.

I have not had extensive editing with PT, but I do know that I like logic a lot more.
The editing that was better in PT as far as takes goes. is now in Logic. So I think that the work flow is pretty seemless. and the comping is amazing!!!

as far as delay comp. goes..That is the logic in Logic. there is automatic delay compensation. PT is the lame one that it doesn't come standard on.
I don't want to turn this into a PT bashinng post, but I was doing a project at school on PT HD the other day. I tried to export as an OMF file...yeah digi wants $500 for the software to make that possible!!!! that is as much as logic cost alone. I hate Digi....

Back