Audio pops and doubling...

meowadishi

Hello,

I found an old external hard drive that had some audio files of some music I made. I dragged all the audio files from the hard drive to their own tracks and gave it a listen. They sounded fine. Then I saved and went to replay it and now Logic is making some weird clicks, pops and this stutter/doubling effect that makes it listen-able.

They are audio files from Sonar. They are wav files. Does it matter that I brought them into a mac?

Hmm. I have suspected this before. What I forgot to mention was that when I was draging the files into the tracks there was a little error window that would pop up. It said something about not having permission and that I would no be able to save.

That error window shouldn't have anything to do with it. Since they are WAV files that means they are one complete file, not a folder of file contents. They should've transferred over all in one piece. Cyrano is right -- the hard drive could be dying. You also might not have enough processing power to play the files in Logic, but I doubt that.

What if you try to open the file from a different drive? Sometimes the drive isn't fast enough to play audio smoothely, especially is the drive is an external USB and is plugged into a hub.

If I remember correctly. I was having problems dragging the audio file from the external harddrive to my computers hard drive. You know onto the desktop.

Also the problem seems to only happen after I save.

Hmm... that's a tough one. Sounds like it could be a software problem, but is most likely the drive. Anybody else, thoughts?

Im going drive. I just tracked some guitar and programmed some drums. Then another guitar track. No problem.

Now some bass when I get some free time.

Back