After recording, audio doesn't match click track tempo

Using Logic 9 Pro.

I recorded an audio track (acoustic guitar) through a console and into Logic using a click track which matched up perfectly when I was recording. However, on playback it's like the file moved slightly and now is off from the click track. Everything else I try to record is off because of it. I feel it's more the audio file than the click, but I don't know how to adjust it. I just got Logic recently and am still very new with editing etc. Any idea?

Using Logic 9 Pro.

I recorded an audio track (acoustic guitar) through a console and into Logic using a click track which matched up perfectly when I was recording. However, on playback it's like the file moved slightly and now is off from the click track. Everything else I try to record is off because of it. I feel it's more the audio file than the click, but I don't know how to adjust it. I just got Logic recently and am still very new with editing etc. Any idea?

You are experiencing latency. There should be a way to measure and then compensate for it. Read your user manual. The details should be in it.

I ended up playing around with the snap feature and snapped the track to frames, which lined it up...

I did check the manual though, as you suggested.

I ended up playing around with the snap feature and snapped the track to frames, which lined it up...

I did check the manual though, as you suggested.

Whatever works for you but if you address the latency issue up-front, you won't have to realign your tracks.

Back