Is there any way to name the tracks/

JFoshee

I couldn't find a way to name the tracks tonight. ie bass, drums, guitar, etc. I'm sure there is a way. Could someone point me in the right direction? Merry Christmas to all.

Just double click on the track name in the mixer or track view. It'll highlight the track name and you can type whatever you like.

Last I checked, it wasn't super-obvious where the text box is in the default theme.
I find Reaper in general is much easier to work with visually if you switch it to one of the "Classic UI" themes. It's kind of ugly and "old" looking, but everything contrasts and is easy to see. "matching color palettes" and "rounded edges" and "gradients" look nice, but sometimes you just want stark oranges, blues, and greys. :D

I couldn't find a way to name the tracks tonight. ie bass, drums, guitar, etc. I'm sure there is a way. Could someone point me in the right direction? Merry Christmas to all.

Not only that, but if you click on the "track" tab and then click on "track icon", you can assign a little picture of what's playing on that track. :D

Not only that, but if you click on the "track" tab and then click on "track icon", you can assign a little picture of what's playing on that track. :D

Cute... never seen that. Wonder if it has a selection of pics of different guitars plugged into various amps to choose from?:laughings:

Cute... never seen that. Wonder if it has a selection of pics of different guitars plugged into various amps to choose from?:laughings:

Actually Armi, You could take a pic of your gear & put that in the slection folder to choose from! :guitar:

(you have to size it right tho, which stumps me ATM!)

But in the Reaper forum they have the 'Stash' where peeps upload pics of Amps & Gtrs & all stuff to put as Icons? :)

& If you haven't already checkout http://sws.mj-s.com/ You'll be glad you did!

Last edited:
Last I checked, it wasn't super-obvious where the text box is in the default theme.
I find Reaper in general is much easier to work with visually if you switch it to one of the "Classic UI" themes. It's kind of ugly and "old" looking, but everything contrasts and is easy to see. "matching color palettes" and "rounded edges" and "gradients" look nice, but sometimes you just want stark oranges, blues, and greys. :D

Agreed.

Actually Armi, You could take a pic of your gear & put that in the slection folder to choose from! :guitar:

(you have to size it right tho, which stumps me ATM!)

But in the Reaper forum they have the 'Stash' where peeps upload pics of Amps & Gtrs & all stuff to put as Icons? :)

& If you haven't already checkout SWS / S&M Extension You'll be glad you did!

I did not know this. this is cool. And if were the type of guy to spruce up my workspace i'd do that. That is really cool.

Back