split track auto fade

Lo-Fi Mike

so when i split a track reaper automatically fades the left and right side of my split, sometimes that's cool, but what if i want to turn this function off.

how do i do it?

thanks reaper heads

so when i split a track reaper automatically fades the left and right side of my split, sometimes that's cool, but what if i want to turn this function off.

how do i do it?

thanks reaper heads

IIRC, there's a way to shut it off globally, but if you right-click on the waveform, you'll get a pop-up menu with a bunch of options. You can set the fade-in time for each file there.

Alternately, you can zoom WAY in and manually change the "envelope" over the wave.

yeah

yeah that's usually what i do, but i wanted to shut it off completely during a certain part of my editing.

I'm guessing it might be in preference, but i don't see anything under editing.

I'll go look again, since you said it is there somewhere.

thanks,
-mike-

yeah that's usually what i do, but i wanted to shut it off completely during a certain part of my editing.

I'm guessing it might be in preference, but i don't see anything under editing.

I'll go look again, since you said it is there somewhere.

thanks,
-mike-

Ok, it's even easier - one of the default buttons on 3.0 is "auto-crossfade." Click that. ;)

Change the auto-fade length to 0 in the preferences. I'm not at home right now so I can't tell you the exact section but if you type 'fade' and click find you'll see what I'm talking about.

The default value is set to 0.10 I think.

EDIT:
I looked it up for you. Options->Preferences->Project->Defaults->Fade length

thanks man

Change the auto-fade length to 0 in the preferences. I'm not at home right now so I can't tell you the exact section but if you type 'fade' and click find you'll see what I'm talking about.

The default value is set to 0.10 I think.

EDIT:
I looked it up for you. Options->Preferences->Project->Defaults->Fade length

you are too kind sir...

Back