Reaper and Tascam US-1800 interface question

I use a Tascam US-800 with Reaper with no problem at all. I would imagine that the 800 & 1800 have very similar drivers and software and shouldn't pose a problem.

I don't use this setup, but the Tascam's have good ASIO drivers and Reaper has not been an issue so far using M-Audio and Presonus ASIO drivers. So Reaper behaves pretty well with most interfaces. I think you should have little problems if you understand how to setup Reaper.

Unless you are using Windows 8 - heard nothing but problems with ANY interface and Win 8!
Yes, there was a guy on here a few weeks back where we had to do some funky stuff, but he was using the ASIO4ALL driver. If it is a true hardware driver, I haven't read of many problems, but I don't look at every thread.

Reaper works with all audio interfaces.

Only ProTools used to have select audio interfaces it worked with, as they used this as a copy protection dongle.
Even they abandoned this with the newest version.

I use this combination and haven't had any trouble with windows 7, but I once had a big problem using it with Mac with OS X Lion. The solution was going to a previous reaper version and after that, everything worked perfectly!

I use this combination and haven't had any trouble with windows 7, but I once had a big problem using it with Mac with OS X Lion. The solution was going to a previous reaper version and after that, everything worked perfectly!

What was the issue? I tried recording with Reaper the other night through my brand-new 1800 and I was getting terrible noise/feedback. Super loud and I couldn't figure out how to stop it.

What was the issue? I tried recording with Reaper the other night through my brand-new 1800 and I was getting terrible noise/feedback. Super loud and I couldn't figure out how to stop it.

I couldnt get reaper to play what I recorded, it sounded glitched with a lot of noise, but only when I pressed play.
Version 4.26 was the one that fixed it. There's a thread in cuckoos forums about it.

I don't use this setup, but the Tascam's have good ASIO drivers and Reaper has not been an issue so far using M-Audio and Presonus ASIO drivers. So Reaper behaves pretty well with most interfaces. I think you should have little problems if you understand how to setup Reaper.

I have a setup of 8 outputs from Roland TD-30KV Virtual Drums to Tascam US 1800 interface. From the interface to computer via USB. Using Reaper as the DAW. I am getting sound levels in Reaper. The problem is I'm not getting audio back to the headphones at the Tascam Interface. I can hear audio when the Mix knob is turned to INPUT, but not when turned to COMPUTER. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a setup of 8 outputs from Roland TD-30KV Virtual Drums to Tascam US 1800 interface. From the interface to computer via USB. Using Reaper as the DAW. I am getting sound levels in Reaper. The problem is I'm not getting audio back to the headphones at the Tascam Interface. I can hear audio when the Mix knob is turned to INPUT, but not when turned to COMPUTER. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you talking about when you record? If so, make sure you have monitoring turned on. I had the same issue when I first bought a TASCAM 1800. It is located in the tracks area around the fader. You can probably look up "monitoring recording" and find step by step on how to do it.

Back