issue with WMA V2

Douha

Hi there i have system that record calls and make me able to extract it to wma file format,
when i try to open it with adobe audition cs6 it give me this error
------------
C:\1_1820_ _29_10_2013_05_37_05_.wav
Error: This file is not supported by libsndfile. Code: 61. Error in WAV/W64/RF64 file. Malformed 'fmt ' chunk. We were unable to open this file using any of the currently available importers. It is either corrupt or using an unsupported format.
------------------------------

when i try to edit it with cool edit it ask about format as i choose those option
sample rate 8000, mono, resolution 8 bit or 16 bit, then tried all "data formatted as" it give me file the only sound i can hear is noise.

-------------------------------
here is the file type from media
Format : Wave
File size : 45.4 KiB
Duration : 46s 400ms
Overall bit rate : 8 010 bps
Audio
Format : WMA
Format version : Version 2
Codec ID : 161
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
Duration : 46s 400ms
Bit rate : 8 000 bps
Channel count : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 8 000 Hz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 45.3 KiB (100%)

any kind of help please "the file is working normally on any media player"

Audition CS6 supports WMA via the Dynamic Link Media Server option which, I believe, is turned off by default to keep performance as fast as possible.

Try going to Edit/Preferences/Media and Disk Cache and put a tick in the box for "Enable DLMS Format Supprt". Hopefully, that'll get it working in CS6 for you.

I don't know about your old Cool Edit but, as the last version of CEP was more than ten years ago, I suspect it was before WMA V2 was invented.

Back