Can you undo effects you put on tracks??

FattMusiek

This has been bugging me for so long. Can you undo effects that you put on rather than having to re-open the project?

Thanks.

Also, when I mixdown my tracks, it goes over the white lines. Does this mean it's clipping? I don't hear ANY clipping in my recordings...

1. To undo your effects, just use "edit" > "undo" from the top menu.

2. If your wave file is above the white line and at 0db it is clipped. The white line is just a safe zone (-1db) Try to keep your wave at that level. Look at the playback meter at the bottom of the page, if that hits the right extreme corner (0db) it leaves a red spot there to indicate your wave is clipped.
You wont hear most of the mild clipping, but when you mix with more tracks they come out real bad.
Hope that answers your questions, Good Luck!

Well, I still think there are many flaws with CEP2.0. For one, I figured out I should use the effects track (under the icon for selecting inputs for the mixer) and it doesn't show you how close it comes to the "Safe line" until after you mix down.

I don't understand compression much but I use it a lot. If you could tell me how to make tracks loud with compression and hard limiting without them going over the white line it would be GREATLY appreciated!

if you close a session (save)....
Then you will not be able to undo...

if you need to save your original tracks...
make a copy (mixdown to next empty track....then mute all others...)
then mute the copy and edit the original....or versa - vica :D
Joe

joro said:
if you need to save your original tracks...
make a copy (mixdown to next empty track....then mute all others...)
then mute the copy and edit the original....or versa - vica :D
Joe

Yes, this is a must in CE2.0 maybe someday this will not be!

Back