Adobe Audition?

It depends on whether what's in Audition 1.5 is worth, to you, what it costs. Check out the new features on the Adobe site, download an evaluation version, and see what you think. For me, in the context of what I do, it's fantastic - but for you, it could make no difference at all.

It's great, and extremely stable in my experience. I'm a believer in updating things just because the day will come when the older versions will no longer be supported (tried calling Syntrillium support lately?).

O, YES !
just do it, you will know where everything is and you will love the new features adobe have added!
Ive not regretted a day since making the 'swap'!

I love the layout and interface of CEP/Audition and I use the program a lot because I originally learned how to do audio production in CEP and it's what I'm comfortable with.

But as I use it more and more, I become more aware of its flaws. Like I was wanting to buy a Mackie Onyx mixer to multi-track with in Audition, but I found out that Audtion doesn't use the correct type of drivers to recognize more than 2 seperate inputs with this and many other types of mixers.

Huh? Audition supports WDM drivers which support multiple channels. The Onyx board interface (firewire) isn't out yet - but Mackie has promised WDM drivers. AFAIK, it should work just fine.

Its true that Audition doesn't support ASIO drivers, but that's no big deal.

-lee-

Are you SURE about that, Snap? I know many have been asking the question but I have yet to hear of anyone who knows from hands-on experience what the answer is. I'm not challenging you, just asking for more details and what your source is, for the benefit of others.

CEP won't recognize more than 2 separate inputs...

I use 8 separate inputs and could use more if I put the second sound card back in. Maybe this is an issue specific to your mixer?

Back