X3 Install not going well

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Just talked to my friend who is trying to install X3 and it's crashing when he opens old X2 projects (and wants to report them to Cakewalk) He's re-installed a couple of times 32 and 64 bit and is getting catastrophic errors. Anyone have any advice for installing X3 ? Not sure if he installed updates before opening projects, or disabled anti-virus, but it's been 7 hours and we're off to the music store to give him a well needed break. Then we'll tackle this problem later on today. We may get no progress on recording today! Oh yeah we're used to using 32 bit on X2.

We re-installed X2 and it must have restored a file that was deleted or corrupted during the X3 install. We opened a bunch of X2 projects and saved them in X3 - now they won't open in X2 as expected. But they play fine in X3. We also had to upgrade to X3e as the program could not find the VST's after disc install.

It looks like the projects that wouldn't initially open had V-Vocal. Since it now opens I suspect that was the problem. If you click on an X3 project file in Windows Explorer it opens in X2 so best to open X3 projects from the X3 Open menu option. Now I have to go home and do this all on my computer but at least I have an advantage.

Back