New Computer

Changing the sound card is not necessary. Your interface will do the job. Maybe someone recommended (highly) disabling the sound card?

Yeah, definitely keep the Tascam. If you run into troubles, we can show you how to disable the computer's integrated sound card. That should only be necessary if you run into problems with conflicts though. But, as advised above, that Tascam interface will definitely do the trick for you.

But then when i'm not recording and am simply browsing or listening to music there would be no sound...right...or I can disable and alway turn tascam on i guess

In Windows, under Control Panel->Sound, set your Tascam as the default device for playback. Then Windows will just use that as your sound card for everyday use. The only drawback to that is that all of your system sounds come thru your interface. So when you have the volume cranked to work on a mix, and you get a REALLY FRICKIN LOUD system beep or ding, it scares the pants right off of you. And it upsets your dog. Then you have 2 puddles to clean up.

The alternative is to use your integrated sound card as your default playback device, and just tell your DAW software to use the Tascam for recording and playback. The drawback there is that you need speakers hooked up to both your sound card and your interface.

Back