How to change velocity mutiple notes Piano roll

jeff0633

This is driving me nuts. My snare drum is not loaud enough. I turn up the velocity on the drum set and and it turns the snare up loud enough, but then the cymbols are way too loud. I click on the piano key for for the snare in the piano roll, and all the notes select, but how do I change the velocity on all the notes of the sanre at once, by a relative amount I mean? The manual leaves me gasping. It seems I did this in the past. I now realize I coukld split the drum parts to seperate tracks, then raise the velocity of t5he snare, but isn't there a way to select oll the notes on the snare alone in piano roll and raise the velocity on all the snare notes by a relative amount?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

You don't mention what software you are using. The process is the probably the same, but the menu labels may vary between the different Cakewalk programs.

For Sonar 4:
Highlight the notes in PRV by clicking on the appropriate piano key (as you noted you did above), then Process > Midi Effects > Cakewalk > Velocity.

You can set them all to a single velocity, scale them from their current value, raise or lower them by a specific amount, etc.

Edit away!! :D

Damn, what a wonderful, simple explanation. Thanks much. Yes, I am using Sonar 4. This openes up a whole new world of midi editing for me. Thanks so much.

Jeff

dachay2tnr said:
You don't mention what software you are using. The process is the probably the same, but the menu labels may vary between the different Cakewalk programs.

For Sonar 4:
Highlight the notes in PRV by clicking on the appropriate piano key (as you noted you did above), then Process > Midi Effects > Cakewalk > Velocity.

You can set them all to a single velocity, scale them from their current value, raise or lower them by a specific amount, etc.

Edit away!! :D

Back